A couple of things to keep in mind as you’re ordering your Scout Books:
- By submitting your artwork and payment, you are confirming the details of your Scout Books® order. Please double check color, quantity, and size – we want to make sure you are getting what you want. If you have any questions about the details of your order, please email us at email@example.com
- Upon receipt of the payment and digital files, Scout Books will prepare a “soft” proof in PDF format that can be previewed on your computer screen. We recommend previewing in Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro. Your approval of the PDF file is binding. Please keep in mind that PDF screen proofs are not color accurate, and that Pantone® colors may print darker on chipboard than they would on white paper. If you have a color-sensitive project please let us know and we can discuss additional proofing options.
- Scout Books will let you know as soon as possible if we discover any technical issues in your supplied files that will cause problems in the printing of your order. You will be given the opportunity to supply new files, or have us make the corrections for an additional fee. Please keep in mind that we are not proofreading your files for spelling or grammatical errors, only for printability.
- Our standard turnaround time to produce your Scout Books is 10 business days (notebooks) or 14 business days (books). Turnaround time begins upon our receipt of your approval for the PDF proof. Turnaround time is not guaranteed.
- Please let us know ahead of time if you need a faster turnaround time or have a specific due date. We will make every effort possible to accommodate your project’s deadlines. Additional rush-order fees may apply to expedite your order.
- Shipping time is not included in this turnaround timeline. Please factor two to seven days for UPS ground, depending on your location in the USA. Orders to international destinations are subject to additional shipping time, and may also be subject to customs clearance. We will do everything in our power to make sure your order is properly packaged and labelled for international customs clearance, but there can still be unexpected customs delays. Scout Books bears no responsibility or liability for customs delays. Customers are urged to investigate all applicable restrictions and laws regarding shipping to international destinations. Please talk to us if you have specific questions about shipping and/or customs. International orders are responsible for any additional duties charged by their country.
- Partial refunds are available for orders that have begun processing but have not yet been printed. The refund will be for the portion of work that has not yet been completed. If the project is already on press, we cannot issue refunds.
- Scout Books are utilized by many different types of people and businesses for many different applications. Upon occasion, there may be individuals and/or companies from a variety of industries that use Scout Books in a similar fashion to your intended uses. While we will make every effort to work with all customers that wish to create their own Scout Books, we do not police all such uses. However, if we believe that any order may violate the copyright interests of another party, we reserve the right to refuse any particular order.
- Scout Books are offset printed with vegetable-based inks on 100% recycled papers. There is naturally some variation in paper color with the chipboard. Chipboard is a fibrous material, and has an increased likelihood of causing hickeys. A hickey is a tiny spot that occurs when paper fiber or dust particles get between the ink and your paper stock. We think it adds to the charm of a Scout Book, but if you are concerned about hickeys, we recommend avoiding heavy ink coverage.